1. Your Privacy is Important
Skyline Direct Limited (SDL) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. It is important to us that you have confidence in the way we collect, use and store your personal information. This notice explains the information we collect, the reasons we collect it, what we use it for and how long we keep it.
The new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) seeks to give all of us better protection and control over our personal information. As a business we have to comply with the GDPR which is regulated by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please read this privacy notice carefully and you can contact us at email@example.com or visit our website www.skylinedirect.com for further information and updates.
2. Key information about us
Skyline Direct Limited
6-16 Duncrue Crescent
Belfast BT3 9BW.
Phone: (028) 9037 2988 or 0800 470 3205 (free from landline)
Our Company Registration: NI074036
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference 696428
We are a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Z2535732
For more detailed company information please visit our website.
3. Information we may collect about you.
We may collect the following personal information;
We collect this information from you when you apply for our products and during the course of our relationship. We may also get this information from third parties such as credit reference agencies, debt management, fraud prevention and government agencies where permitted by law.
- Basic personal information such as your name, address, telephone/mobile number, email address date of birth, national insurance number, marital status, next of kin, and employment status.
- Personal financial information such as credit and borrowing history, proof of income and expenditure. Health details and medical conditions.
- Where required and permitted by law any information relating to the prevention and detection of financial or other crime.
4. Reasons we collect this information.
We collect this information to operate our business in a lawful manner and to allow us to provide you with our products/services. Your information will be used to make responsible lending decisions, conducting credit checks, assessing your financial circumstances, to ensure affordability and suitability of our products. To keep in contact with you and carry out our contractual and legal obligations. To evaluate our business, to improve our services and to comply with regulatory obligations. We will also use your information to tell you about our products, services, to respond to enquiries or complaints and to ensure the accuracy of our records.
5. What gives us the right (lawful basis) to collect and process your information?
The lawful bases we use to collect and process your information are contractual necessity, legal obligation and legitimate interests.
6. Your Rights
- Contractual necessity means that when we enter into a contract with you for our products and services we need to collect and process your information to enable us to fulfil our obligations under that contract.
- Legal obligation means that we are required by law to collect certain information for example proof of your identity to comply with money laundering regulations.
- Legitimate interests means that we as a business have valid reasons for collecting, processing and using your information. These include the effective day to day operation of our business, being able to communicate with you, to send you marketing information and to tell you about our products and services, to improve and develop as a business, receive and manage complaints, to ensure we comply and protect our legal rights and responsibilities and to manage risk and protect our business by preventing financial crime.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights;
All requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0800 470 3205 or in writing to the above address.
- Right to be informed - you have a right to know how we collect and process your information which is what this notice seeks to do.
- Right of access – you have a right to access the personal information we hold. This is free and we must provide it within 30 days.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to have your personal information changed if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten. This means that you can request your personal information be erased if it is no longer required for the purposes it was initially collected.
- Right to restrict processing – you can request us to restrict the processing of your personal information if you believe for example it is no longer accurate, that we don’t need it any longer or that we are not using it in a lawful manner.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request your personal information be provided to you in a portable manner which you can give to other organisations or request us to do so on your behalf.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to how we collect and process your personal information.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
If you wish to make a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com to have the matter investigated. We hope that we can address any concerns you may have, but you can always contact the ICO. For more information, visit www.ico.org.uk. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the ICO.
8. Providing your information to third parties
We will not share your information with anyone outside SDL except:
agencies, tax authorities or regulatory bodies.
- where we have your permission.
- where required for your product or service (see e) below).
- where we are required by law and by law enforcement agencies, courts, government
- third parties providing services to us, agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf.
- We may access and use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies when you apply for our products and services and periodically to:
- manage and take decisions about your financial circumstances, including assessing your creditworthiness to avoid you becoming over-indebted.
- prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering.
- check your identity and verify the accuracy of the information you provide to us.
- trace and recover debts.
Our Credit reference agency contact details;
Transunion Information Group Limited
Address: One Park Lane, Leeds,
West Yorkshire LS3 1EP.
Bureau Privacy Notice https://www.transunion.co.uk/legal-information/bureau-privacy-notice
Phone: 0330 024 7574
9. Transfer of your information to other countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Should your information be stored or transferred to parties outside of the EEA it will only be done so if it is afforded the same level of protection as set out in this notice and the GDPR. Any such arrangement will be approved by the Compliance Director of Skyline Direct.
10. How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal data for as long as you are a customer. We will keep customer account records for up to six years after your relationship with SDL ends for business, legal and regulatory requirements. Other records are retained for shorter periods, for example call recordings may be retained for up to six weeks. Retention periods may be changed from time to time based on business and regulatory requirements. We may retain your information for longer periods, particularly where we need to withhold destruction or disposal based on an order from the courts or an investigation by law enforcement agencies or our regulators.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us and with the third parties who act on our behalf. For more information about the steps we are taking to protect your information please visit our website at www.skylinedirect.com
12. Use of our website
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. Complying with data protection and privacy laws is one of our greatest priorities and we do all we can to protect your personal data.
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer (or other electronic device) when you access our website. Please visit our website www.skylinedirect.com for more details.
14. Changes to our privacy notice
We may make changes to this Policy any time. Any changes we may make will be posted on our website. Any questions or comments about this notice can be sent to: